Here’s today’s simple gross motor activity: Crab Walk Transfer
Gather a few stuffed animals to haul from a starting line back to their home (put away). Transfer the animals back to their home by placing them on your belly and crab walking.You’ll need a few supplies for this one – stuffed animals or toys Here are some tips for this activity —
- Create their ‘home’ by using a toy box or a clothes basket of some sort.
- Let your child experiment to figure out how they want to carry their toys during the crab walk!
- Younger kids can’t crab walk? Try this with a crawl and balancing it on their back (use a backpack if it keeps falling off)
- To make this a little more advanced for older kids, add in some math! See how many they can carry at one time, and add that number to the next load of stuffed animals.
- Reply back to me once you’ve done the challenge. I will get your email. Tell me that you did it, share a photo if you can. Proof you are being hands on!
- Join and share with other hands on parents and caregivers in Get Active Inside Facebook Group.
- Join The Activity Room to get a little more hands on support and accountability from myself and other parents, but also to keep spending time with your kids after the challenge is over — with activities planned for you week after week. Click here to join The Activity Room.