- simple go-to activities that get your child’s energy out
- that it’s possible to sneak in activities into your hectic schedule when there’s a plan
- that you don’t have to spend hours prepping an activity or finding the right supplies
- and that activities work as a means of connecting with your child! (And it’s a lot of fun!)
- Download the supply list to double check everything
- Download & print your Daily Activity Checklist
- Invite a friend to be your accountability buddy!!
Here’s today’s problem-solving activity: Follow the Line
Tape a long string on the floor in a long line. Move a ball from one end to the other along the string using only your hands… how about your foot?You’ll need a few supplies for this one – tape, string, ball Here are some tips to make follow the line work for you —
- Any size ball would work, but a smaller sized ball would be better for kids to manipulate.
- If you don’t have string, a jump rope works well, otherwise just tape a line on the floor and just use that!
- Expand on this activity further by showing your child how to move the ball with their elbow or nose, or any other body part you can think of!
- With more than one kid, you can set up two different lines and have races.
- For young toddlers, if rolling the ball is too difficult, try walking along the line as best they can, back and forth.
- For older kids, to challenge them a bit more, make more advanced lines, a curvy line, or a square, or zig zags.